Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health, Disability and Life insurance plus retirement plan benefits after certain waiting periods and 4 weeks’ vacation/personal/sick time.
Preferred Experience: At least 1 year as a paralegal or legal assistant and/or paralegal certification.
Position is full time and will be required to be in Boston office at least 4 days/week.
Job Description: Fantastic opportunity for a paralegal looking to with a premier expanding boutique law firm in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood. Squillace & Associates, P.C. is focused on life, estate, and business planning, and seeks to expand our team to better serve our clients and continue to grow our practice.
General Responsibilities: The ideal candidate is thoughtful and diligent, highly motivated, and oriented toward serving clients well. This position provides an opportunity to work collaboratively, both internally with colleagues and externally with client advisors and other parties, to participate meaningfully in the management of client files and the oversight of client relationships.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Preparation and review of certain trust funding documents including deeds, beneficiary designation forms, change of ownership forms, company-specific account forms, etc.;
- Assist with the preparation of highly customized foundational estate planning documents (i.e. revocable trusts, wills, powers of attorney, health care proxies, etc.);
- Perform traditional paralegal duties including producing various documents, correspondence, and memos as necessary;
- Provide attorney support as needed on matters of estate administrations, including probates and trust settlements;
- Communicate with clients, courts, personal representatives and trustees, and other parties to provide and obtain information and documentation on matters;
- Perform certain traditional administrative duties including managing schedules, providing phone support, and file maintenance.
Job Requirements: Some experience as either an estate administration or estate planning paralegal is preferred. A strong interest in the subject matter and the desire to learn is mandatory. Paralegal certification and/or college degree helpful.
The ability to maintain confidentiality, be discrete about sensitive client information, and possess the highest integrity is fundamental to this position.
Applicants should be proactive self-starters (highly motivated problem solvers) who possesses the ability to work effectively under pressure with moderate supervision. Applicants must also have superior communication skills (both oral and written), excellent organizational skills, and a high level of dedication, discipline, and professionalism. An eye for detail and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines are paramount. Applicants will be expected to assume responsibility for projects/tasks that are assigned and follow through to completion.
General computer and technological literacy, with fluency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, and the Windows platform is required. The Firm uses a cloud-based estate plan document drafting software, a tax preparation software, trust funding software, and estate and trust inventory and accounting software. The Firm also uses a practice management software, Clio, for day-to-day functions including file retention, billing, timekeeping, financial reporting, contact management, calendaring, and CRM. Ability to quickly develop functional knowledge of new software platforms is imperative.
Candidates should submit a resume with a cover letter including but not limited to:
- Why they think they are a good fit for the position.
- Why they are looking for a change in position.
- Anything else they may find relevant.
Candidates who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered for the position. No phone calls, please. Submissions should be directed to [email protected]. All resumes accepted in strict confidence.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Please do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.